Hi.
This is reopening an old topic, but one encouraging sign is that
Android 4.0 and newer are becoming both standard and cheap. For an
example, it used to be super easy to find stuff running older versions
of Android, but now everyone's selling tablets and such with newer
versions, again 4.0 and above. Add to this that Google is beginning to
make their apps updatable separately from the OS and we're looking at
a revolution, and hopefully a good one, in terms of stability and
accessibility.
The first is a mainstream concern, and it can't help but affect the second.
Hopefully, that maturation discussed in this topic will come sooner
rather than later, and this seems like a good first step.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard