Hi tom.
while I agree that card and board games do have value as games to play with
others, at the same time computer games can have a similar feeling provided
you have a group of like minded individuals together and provided the game
is one that several people can have fun with rather than say a flight sim or
complex stratogy game that requires massive attention.
I remember the occasion when i still lived in colidge where a couple of
friends of mine visited me, but managed to turn up an hour early so I was in
the shower. In defference of what to do, I literally yelled instructions
through the bathroom door (I was living in one room in colidge with a single
attached bathroom), for them to start up Jim Kitchin's game of life, and we
played that while I finished my shower.
that was hilarious and good fun as well.
As well as playing Talisman and King of Tokio, my brother also regularly
plays the marrio party games with his friends as well, which are intended as
exactly what they say, ie party games, like computerised board games on the
Wii. He also has recently bought the new Pokemon game and a 3ds, and when
not playing a ccg with his friends they also challenge each other to Pokemon
battles. Of course, since my brother is a major CCG player, he knows plenty
of people who do that sort of thing, and indeed if the games (of either
computerised or not), were accessible odds are I'd do the same more often
with my rp friends.
It all seems to depend upon the games involved and the group of people and
what they choose to do, though I will say where as computer games, even
casual ones like marrio party or Jim Kitchin's are something of their own
interest, anyone can pick up a good amount of board games and play them out
of the box, making them a far more universal thing.
That is another reason I'd love to see more accessible interesting games.
Beware the Grue!
Dark.
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].