Hi all.
I cannot remember if the discussion of board games is relevant to this
list, so apologies if I have overstepped the mark.
I live in a household with all blind adults but sighted children so I
have a question in a couple of parts. Firstly does anyone know any
good board games, mainstream as braille games are extremely limited
and I| think we have them all, that can easily be adapted to make them
playable by a blind person. I have bought a number of games and made
them accessible by using my penfriend on cards, or using a braille
letter system and then a key of the cards on a seperate reference
sheet.
SImilarly I have labeled squares on boards in the same way, as well as
using sticky velcrow dots on the squares and underside of playing
pieces to great effect.
I wanted to know if anyone had any good family or older games that
could be easily adapted in this way.
Secondly to Dark, you mentioned adapting the game Atmosfear which is a
game I really want to buy but haven't taken the plunge and I haven't
been sure if it would be possible to adapt it easily.
How did you find doing this and was the game any good and playable for
blind people?
Thanks all for any advice.
Richard