I think in some games, the admins are too worried that you'll "help"
your accounts by moving stuff between them - for example creating a
high level character, and transferring stuff to help your low level
character.  Alter Aeon allows this because you can't really help your
low level character as much as you think; but on a game like miriani,
doing that might upset the power balance.  It's also possible that the
admin just have the rule there for no real good reason.

Basically, it depends on the game and who's running it.

Feel free to create as many characters as you want on AA.

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com