To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] star traders rpg now accessible on Ios

Hi.
Is this PVP?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gamers [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Shannon Dyer
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:56 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list

Thank you so much for letting us know about this. It sounds like just the
sort of thing I would love. I shall grab it now.

Shannon
On Jan 29, 2014, at 10:35 AM, "dark" <d...@xgam.org> wrote:

Just for people on this list, as of yesterday Star traders rpg from trees
brothers games is now accessible  on Ios and can be found on the ap store.
It's got a nav helper accessed through the menue which gives you a list of
planets to travel to, which works well.

I'm still figuring out the game and how everything works, but I like what
I've seen thus far, certainly worth the three dolars for the elite version,
although there is a free version as well (I bought the elite straight off
since this is just my sort of game).

The game is sort of similar to smugglers or core exiles in that you fly
around with a spaceship, there are a number of factions who have wars, you
have a crew and engage in space combat. The difference is that the universe
is rather like the  dune books by Frank herbert, galactic houses and
politics along with sindicates, there are lots of different things to do, exploring planets, lots of ship combat, boarding and capturing ships and a
lot more, indeed I'm only just starting on the game myself.

one thing that I do like the look of is that rather  than you just
grinding away at the same resource trading, you actually need to research
where things are needed for yourself, which makes the game quite unique, as
does the fact that while there ar elots of ships and upgrades to buy and
awards to earn, the game is pretty open  ended.

It looks highly interesting and I'd advise any rpg fans to give it a try.

Beware the grue!

list,