Well I did it! The dark tower clan became rulers of their tribe, and in 2365
won the ten year ring after completing three heroquests.

I'm actually a little sorry my Iphone doesn't like my mail server sinse it'd be
nice to post my trib'es saga as some quite interesting things happened. The
tribe got formed in 2341, however at that poin I didn't have a trickster at all
(actually there were none in my clan), so I didn't want to try for the ring
sinse I didn't fancy trying heroquests without preparation. Then however after
the first king died, my chief failed to live through the king rights, so once
again I ended up waiting. Still I'm happy with the fact my rather awsome almal
worshipping chief, who was also great at combat became king.

The hard part was actually the heroquests and even though I had all the
possible advantages, a trickster, the scarf of 7 runes (which helps success in
quests), I confess I did cheat on the Orlanth and Daga one and restored games
twice.

One major factor in finishing heroquests seems to be how much magic you have,
also i believe the destiny and heroism magic rituals in sacred time help.

Interestingly enough, though your told to wait a year between heroquests, I was
able to perform one on each of the next three years, though those were the two
easiest, the storm tribe quest and the urnalda feeds the tribe quest. I also
performed Chalana arroy heals the scars earlier on, though when I was trying
for three specific heroquests to complete the ring I decided to go for the
easier ones.

I also do admit to cheating once when i managed to get my entire clan
slaughtered by dragonewts :D.

Still I'm pleased I managed to actually finish this for once, and what's more
with no fudes, alliances with 8 other clans, about 20 or so treasures, and a
very stable herd and economy. I'm tempted to try again streight off, but given
that so called short game took me a good two days (I believe around 18 hours of
play), goodness knows how long the long game is:D.

One amusing fact is that basically throughout the last 5 or 6 years, between a
great temple to isseries and an isseries ring member and several handy
treasures I had so much money it was ridiculous, indeed that's how I
accumulated treasures. at one point I had over 400 goods. This meant that I
usually solved problems by throwing money at them until they went away which
was quite funny. "oh mighty chief, the bluee sproos have just cursed us!" "oh
never mind, I'll hyer some priests, ---- and then go and chuck money at the
blue sproos until they like us enough not to curse us :D"

Indeed, I had so much by way of cattle and money I was only going on cattle
raids to stop my weaponthanes winjing at me, and even then I had to be careful
given that I didn't have any feuding clans to go and harrass and so had to
intersperse cattle raids with my allies.

The really hilarious thing is clearly the gods had it in mind for me to have a
feud! clans of the tribe I was supposed to be allied to kept coming and raiding
me, ---- where upon I'd beat the hell out of them, frequently taking horses,
and then, when I was asked if I wanted to break the alliance I'd just ask them
for fare compensation, ---- where upon they'd send me more cattle! It almost
felt creul! How dare you attack me and get totally slaughtered! I demand that
you pay me now!" :d.

I do think though the war situation had potential to get worse, given that none
human races seem to be cropping up more seriously, as were bad encounters with
chaos creatures, (I had a temple to   urex for this). My worst defeat was when
over 60 of my population got munched by a big bad chaos beast I tried to
attack, ---- that was bad!

Though the horse spawn continued to be really feeble!

I also had a ridiculously huge pof ool magic from those heroquests and from
being lucky, on one occasion i had 46 points. Indeed though the manual says you
should heroquest every two years it seems almost better to heroquest
successively when your required to do them, because then you've got a big heap
of magic in reserve.

So yes! I can say the dark tower clan was successful at the ring, and I'm quite
pleased to have done it.

Beware the grue!