Cool info.  Thanks.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game controller question

Hi Charles,

POV stands for point of view. In mainstream games it is often possible
to change the point of view or the perspective of where the game
character is looking by using the POV hat on the controller to look
around at the game world without moving the character.

Typically the POV hat is a round shaped control on the gamepad located
at the top left corner of the unit. You press it up or down to look
up/down or press it left or right to look left/right. There is usually
a button nearby to have it toggle between point of view and movement
controls for the game character so you can use it as a type of
alternative joystick as well as looking around.

Since audio games don't usually have look commands I doubt many will
employ this control much, but it is useful in mainstream games and
could easily be adapted to audio. In fact, I am planning on doing just
that once I get around to launching my full 3d audio games.

Curious:  What the heck is a POV hat?  I'm figuring "Point Of" something,
but can't come up with the V of the acronym.

---