Well if your car is moving left when the game says left, then your
speakers are reversed.  I may have misread your post though.  <smile>

I actually wasn't sure about this either, when I started playing
TopSpeed.   I couldn't figure out what the heck it was doing!  lol!

Anyway, when the turn happens, say the road is turning right and your game
says "right," well then as your car moves into the turn, it will naturally
drift left, which is to the outside of the turn.  So if you just let it
continue to drift left, it will eventually hit the outside edge of the road
and crash.  Since the road is moving right, you need to steer your car
right with your right arrow, which will turn the car right and allow it to
stay more toward the center of your stereo field and travel around the
right turn without hitting the outside edge of the road.  Does this make
sense?

   Your car's sound will follow the actual position of your car, not you
the listener.  You the listener, will always be centered as you move down
the road, whereas your car, being separate from you, will move in your
stereo field.  You can think of your listening perspective  like an audio
camera.  The camera is stationary in the center of the road while the cars
move and pass and such.  Does this make sense?...

   Anyway, I hope this helps and have an awesome evening!...

Smiles,

Cara