Hi Shaun,

In the beginning of the game, that is when you start out with a new
park, there is no options for snack stands or restaurants. After you
make a certain amount of income the park board will give you an
upgrade which will allow you to build new stuff like snack stands,
restaurants, better rides, etc. You just have to earn enough of a
profit before you are allowed to build that stuff.