Hi Ken,
That is a perfect example of what does and does not work for encryption.
 BSC's games like Troopenum seam to be using an encrypted file packing
utility like Molebox. I don't know of anyone who cracked in to it which
is good.
GMA Games sound encryption isn't all that advanced. In fact I am not
sure they are encrypted. They appear to be some raw sound source which
gets loaded in to the SOD engine and reconstructed at runtime.
All you are doing with Soundforge or Goldwave is reconstructing the
sounds from that raw state.
A C++ programmer does have the advantage of packing all sounds in to a
dll, but there are tools out there that can pick icons and sounds out of
compiled dlls.
I have heard one of the ways to secure sounds is to include them
directly in to your exe file, and then use a binary encryption tool to
scramble the exe file so it can not be decompiled and other hacking
tools can not steel the sounds or images from it. Down side as with
Molebox you have a file several hundred megs large or at least 20 or 30
MB, or whatever size it ends up being.