Hi Cara,
I've been giving this VEF game allot of serious thought.
Rather than use the actual open source Quake engines I think what as a
developer I should do is design my own open source Quake-Like engine
which has accessibility out of the box. It could include many of the
design elements from the Quake engine, but also could use many good
design elements from the SOD engine. The f1 interactive help system,
ammo announcement commands, health announcement, bla. A similar keyboard
layout like SOD would be nice as well.
I've never liked the Quake-like layouts of w for foward, a for left, d
for right, s for backward, and so on.
Anyway, I've been writing up some design ideas, and thoughts, and I
think VEF is doable. As for help I am not use to helping hands when
designing games, but I figure since this would be a free game it could
be put out under the open source GPL license.
Cheers.