From: "Phil Vlasak" <phi...@bex.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: [Audyssey] PCS DOS CD games, was  using dosbox
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 08:11:26 -0500

Hi Thomas,
You wrote,
all  you have is TTS support, but still no way to review the screen.
Thus there needs to still be a screen reader component to make it
work.

In 1999 PCS released 8 games for just this reason. They were all totally
self-voicing games on CD so needed no screen reader to play.
However they did require a screen reader to install from a download.
That's why we sold them on CD so they installed automatically.
Our policy back then was to sell games with no registration and hope the
customer would not share their game with anyone else.
For that reason the games didn't sell well.
One person bought it and gave it to all their friends.
They were written in C plus plus for DOS but could be run in the DOS of
Windows 98.
 I'm willing to post one of them to my web site for those who are trying to
get old DOS games to run on 32 bit computers.
Here is the section on them from our 2000 catalog:
PCS now has games playable from Windows or
DOS without needing any adaptive equipment.
The games are DOSS based and completely audio, all information is
spoken by a human, not a synthesizer, played through your computer's
speakers.
All of the games have a readme text file to help you with the installation.
Once a game starts, hit the f1 key to get help and instructions on
playing the game.
Each of the following eight games, Duck hunt, Snipe Hunt, Space
Invaders, Breakout, Pack man,
Red Dragon Kick Boxing Challenge, A 2 Z Key Search and
Mobius Mountain, comes on a CD.

Duck hunt. Grab your shotgun, a box of shells and your
duck call and lets go hunting! In this arcade duck hunting game

snipe hunt. Grab your flashlight and a sack and lets go snipe hunting!Just
like packman, but in reverse.

Space invaders. Thump, thump, a flash of audio peeps, chirps and blips alert
you that one of the six columns of invaders is directly over head. You hold
down the fire button, chupe, chupe, chupe and three enemy ships are
destroyed.

Red dragon kick boxing challenge. Go a few rounds in this game that uses the
six pack keys and arrow keys to block, kick and punch. For fast action
lovers.

Pack man. Eat fruit and avoid ghosts. Live action arcade game.

Pc s breakout. Smash! Pow! Crunch! Break through wall after wall of objects.

A 2 z key search. A child can use the computer and learn letters and
numbers.

Mobius mountain. A math, shoots and latter type game.