I don't think the problem was entering moves, or not paying attention (I use
coordinates in lots of other games), it was simply counting squares on the
board and trying to reconcile those with the computer's moves, sinse one
square counted wrongly and the hole thing falls apart.
It's something I could probably practice but found too much of a bit of a
pest in comparison to other games. My brother was always the genious with
chess, with me it was a more casual thing and there are generally games I
enjoy more.
All the best,
Dark.
There is always more to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is vast
and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars than even
the archmaesters of the citadel can dream.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Rivard" <[email protected]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] tips for playing bg chess
It sounds like you weren't paying attention to the computer's instructions
on where to move it's pieces or you were making entry mistakes when it was
your turn. Or, often times, B, C, D, E, and G sound so similar, errors
are made.
---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're
finished, you! really! are! finished!
----- Original Message -----
From: "dark" <[email protected]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] tips for playing bg chess
It wasn't usually to do with one specific thing like being captured, I'd
just find in the middle of the game either the computer would try to move
a peace I thought was somewhere else or it'd reffuse my move on the basis
that my peace wasn't where it thought it was, which of course was
frustrating as hell!
Beware the Grue!
Dark.
There is always more to know, more to see, more to learn. The world is
vast and wondrous strange and there are more things benieth the stars
than even the archmaesters of the citadel can dream.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh K" <[email protected]>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] tips for playing bg chess
did you use the keyboard commands such as the f-keys to tell you who can
be captured by what?
follow me on twitter @joshknnd1982
On 6/17/2015 12:58 PM, dark wrote:
Mmmm Charlse as I already said in my original message, when I've tried
playing things like Bg chess challenge I always tend to find at some
point I'll have made a square counting mistake on the board vs the
computer somewhere along the line and the game will go wrong and have
to be abandoned.
Maybe this is a spacial logic thing, I don't know, I do know when I
used to play a lot of chess either I would use the same board with
another person, or when I played tournaments with the braille chess
association and each player had their own board, there would always be
a ref checking each player had the same position on their board, and if
there was an issue it'd be a matter of going back through the game logs
to find out where things went off.
Beware the grue!
dark.
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
[email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
[email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
[email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].
-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.5961 / Virus Database: 4365/10038 - Release Date:
06/17/15
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
[email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the
list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].
---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [email protected].
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [email protected].