Hi Charles,

If you have never experienced playing certain games with cheat codes
then you will probably never understand the appeal of why people use
cheats.

As I attempted to get across in a prior post for many it is not about
competition, winning, or even playing the game per se. It is about
exploring, perhaps being able to do things not ordinarily allowed by
the game, and some people just get off in killing enemies for fun.

For instance, take a simple unlimited ammo cheat. In most games you
have a limited amount of ammo so can't just walk into a room and spray
everyone and everything recklessly. You have to conserve ammo so have
to take careful aim at what you are trying to kill or destroy. With an
endless ammo cheat someone can walk into a room with many enemy
targets and just hose everyone and everything down with fire and have
fun shooting everything in sight just because they can.

Now, if you are a person who doesn't like blowing lots of stuff up,
killing unlimited numbers of enemy targets, or just taking out your
built up emotions on a game then chances are you won't see the appeal
of cheat codes. Since a lot of them are there for people who want to
blow things up, shoot everything in sight, and do crazy stuff then you
can't understand the attraction of cheat codes.