I'm in the same boat.I would dare go so far as to call this boss borderline if not unfair. I mean yeah I love a good challenge but I think this goes a bit too far. Either she needs to not be able to kill you in one hit or there need to be more extra lives leading up to her. It also doesn't help that there are not one but two trap doors in the level which make it hard to keep track of things.

Focus your powers and prepare for buttle.
-----Original Message----- From: Milos Przic
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 7:23 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] The gate, the first boss

Hi all,
The game is a nice one! I play on easy level with guide turned on. Now:
I passed the first two levels and found the gray lady (50 shades of the gray lady? That's how sadistic she is). She seams impossible! I listenned to the guide, who told me that the idea is not to get neither near nor far from her, but no matter what I do, after a first few shots at her she appears and takes a big bite of me! <grin> I tried jumping over her, tried nearing a little then shooting, tried a combo at her but nothing! Is there a trick to get rid of her?
Best!
         Milos Przic
Twitter: MilosPrzic
Skype: Milosh-hs