As far as this being a shooter game, the term first person shooter is a
fairly generic one applying to a certain perspective of games, like 2D
platformer or puzle. Most of these games do involve guns and killing
monsters but by no means all.

As to Sarah being like Shades with spells for weapons, I don't believe that
would be appropriate, to something set in the Hp universe and using Hp
Spells.

"Stupify" for example, is a stunning spell, and is used this way in the
books (and films as well if I remember Goblet of fire correctly).

While there are spells in the Hp universe that do serious amounts of damage
to their victims (like bullits do), they are most often used by evil
charactors (the use of certain especially unpleasant spells in the Hp world
is punishable by law), and even spells that only cause mild incapacitating
damage are reserved for very serious occasions.

then of course, even if Sarah was going to use majorly nasty spells, where
would she have learned them? sinse their certainly not taught at Hogwarts,
it's reasonable that the Salem Witches institute wouldn't teach them iether.

For all these reasons, having Sarah slay her way through the castle just
wouldn't be true to Harry Potter.

As to the screaming books, sinse everything else in the game is well and
truly based on the books, I would guess the scream would be a long
aaaaaaaaah! sound, as it's described in Philosopher's stone and actually is
heard in the film. If you can cope with the screaming in Shades, I don't see
why you might have a problem (I find the screaming in Shades slightly
terrifying myself, but that's all part of the fun!).

Finally, I'm slightly surprised that you thought the maze in Sarah would be
the same as the one in Shades. It is true both games were built using the
Gma game engine and feature a few similar controls and such, however Shades
takes place in a futuristic bio research lab descending nine levels into the
ground, whilst Sarah occurss in Hogwarts Castle, going up 12 or so floors.
The two Environments are rather different! Also, it'd be a bit of a letdown
for players familiar with Shades if Sarah had the same layout. Where's the
fun in exploration?

Beware the Grue!