Thank you for the help. my UAC is turned all the way off. I will begin more investigating, am sure I will figure it out eventually.
Jessica

On 12/8/2015 8:06 PM, Dennis Towne wrote:
My guess would be that either 1) You've got some really horrible
antivirus program that's breaking your computer, 2) You've got UAC
(user access controls) set to the maximum level and it's not allowing
anything to install, or 3) Windows is horked.  I really don't know how
to help you debug it beyond this; the easiest would be to check your
UAC settings, and see if it's turned up too high.  Most people turn it
completely off because it breaks too many things.

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com