It came as a shock to me too. I found out because a friend of mine said she'd been to his FB page and seen his posts from his mom and friends. He passed away on the 8th of last month.

Focus your powers and prepare for buttle.
-----Original Message----- From: Lisa Hayes
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2016 10:22 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Some sad news.

my god, this has come as a shock Brian, thanks for telling us all and he
will definitely be missed both on a gaming and a personal level by me.

-----Original Message----- From: Bryan Peterson
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2016 4:19 PM
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] Some sad news.

I was just browsing Facebook and I’m sad to report the passing of our dear
friend Thomas Ward. I don’t know the exact circumstances or time, but I saw
the post from his mother and friends. He’ll certainly be missed.
Focus your powers and prepare for buttle.