To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 2:46 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] frogger questions - Re: a couple of new games out fromkidfriendlysoftware

One of the limitations I have is that only stereo is available; I cannot do sounds in front of you versus behind you. By varying the amplitude, I can make a sound seem further away, and it usually sounds in front of you. I licensed the Something Else 3D audio engine for the iphone, but ran into many difficulties and stopped using it.

Many windows games take advantage of 3D sounds, either through having more speakers in the headphones, or by the same algorithms used n the something else 3D engine, but since it was Microsoft that provided the technology, it was far more stable.