From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2016 9:58
To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: [Audyssey] command suggestions for Alteraeon

Hi.

I've had a lot of fun playing alter recently, doing quests on arcase
(finding those ships in the archipelligo was a pest), however there are two
things i was wondering if Dentin could consider adding.

The first, is a way to review what quests on arcase I've yet to do? when I
use "quests arcase" I get a huuuuuge! list with some done and some not. I
know there is some sort of scripting workaround, but I never got that one to
work, so something like "quests arcase todo" (or slo, kordan or anywhere
else for that matter), would be really nice if possible.

The second is an odd request.

I generally don't like brief description mode since I enjoy the atmosphere
of the game and reading about what is where, however there are occasions I
want a quick brief view, for example when I'm looking for something or
trying to see whether there is a given object there (like the ships or those
earth totems in the tainted forest).
Yes, I know I could just toggle brief on and off, but generally i want the
full descriptions rather more often thatn the brief mode.
One thing I've seen in some games was a glance command. This affectively
gave a brief description, ie, just room title, objects and who's there, but
without having the brief mode on, rather like the way the look command gives
the long description in brief mode.

As I aid, I'm probably more unusual in wanting the brief description less
often than the verbose one, but there are times it'd be useful, and I assume
it wouldn't be a hard fix to add the glance command or something similar.

If everyone things this is a dreadful idea, fare enough, though I admit in
some muds like six dragons I found I used it quite a lot.

Really enjoying the game.

All the best,

DArk.