Ron, here's a blind programmer's mailing list that I've been on for a few years now, with quite a wide range of guys, talking about various different languages, platforms, implementations, etc. etc.:

http://www.freelists.org/list/program-l

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-10-25 10:46 PM, Ron Kolesar wrote:
For all of my fellow gamers.
A friend of mine is working on a hand to ear project.
He is curious what is the best and easiest program to work with.
His name is Jordan Gallacher and his e-mail address is as follows:
jordanandseptem...@gmail.com
You can either write to him directly or my address is at
kolesar16...@roadrunner.com
Now here’s what he is looking for help with.

I am trying to make an add on for FSX to allow blind persons to continue to be
able to use The Microsoft Flight simulator program which is also better known
as the FSX program for short.

I do plan on making my program completely self voicing os that it will not
matter what screen reader is being used

I also plan to have the program as much hand to ear navigation as possible so
that not everything will be voice input.

What I do not know is what language to write it in or what language to learn so
that I can start working on a program.  It would help if I could get a couple
of programmers involved who would be willing to volunteer their time for this
project so that I could get it off the ground faster.

I would like to thank all in advance  that can help me out with this project.

Jordan