The pi has a version of windows that will run on it, it's called windows IOT (for the internet of things) I've tried it, and it works, but there is no graphical interface for it as far as I can tell. I also don't know what libraries are included by default, and which ones you'd need to add to make windows gaming possible, but if it's absolutely necessary, yes, you could run windows on the pi, though it's nothing like the full-blown commercial releases you're used to, and it also requires a royalty payment to microsoft for each pi you sell running a copy of this IOT version of windows. Some people are doing amazing things with the pi and windows, but honestly, I'd much prefer to use raspbian, or some other unix-like os since those generally don't require any sort of royalty be paid, so you're ahead of the game right there. I used my pi as my main computer for more than a year, until I got a used macbook, then a windows all-in-one machine, and I can tell you it works just fine as a regular computer, which also means it will work just fine for running games (I know, I did it). Of course, they were all ported by me to run on the pi, and I wrote one from scratch because none of the ones I ported had audio in them, and I wanted to see how well audio would work on the pi, just for reference. It worked just fine, and that's why I know it will work as a game console too, but again, it's an arm processor, not an intel one, so getting games to work on it isn't as trivial as recompiling in most cases. But in any case, I love my pi, and use it for all kinds of things, including games, but then again, I'd been windows free for more than 10 years, so I didn't have any need for those multi-megabyte behemoths for windows, although I did prove it can be done if wanted. But regardless, folks aren't going to pick up a pi just for gaming, unless there's lots and lots of games for it, so that's the next thing I need to work on. While I used it as my main computer though, I had no trouble web browsing, reading email, reading books, and generally having an awesome time fiddling with all kinds of geek projects out there for the raspberry pi. If you like to tinker, then it's a great platform, since it has the ability to run all kinds of devices, from ggps systems to biometric sensors. It's truly amazing what folks are accomplishing using the pi. It will never be a state-of-the-art system, no matter what you do with it, but it is cool and good enough to do quite a number of things, and it's being no larger than a pack of cards (even after I put it inside a case) makes it ideal for so many projects. I'm thinking I might use it to build an external synthesizer, just for the heck of it. heh.

On 10/22/2016 10:48 AM, john wrote:
Pies were intended to run linux - and there are systems that'll run fine off
an sd card (there are actually ways to run out of just ram without writing
anything, called live boot systems).
The problem is that XP wasn't, so its not going to do things like reduce the
amount of writing it does to save the card. Also as I said, since you only
have 1gb of ram, xp won't be happy once you start doing work. You may be
able to disable your swapfile completely, but the computer will not like it
and may destabilize.

From: "Chris Wright" <blindgame...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 18:47
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] creating an audio game console - was RE:  memory

The pie can run Windows? I didn’t know that. As for Windows XP, I’d be very
surprised if it would run at all. Running any operating system off an SD
card is a bad idea. (I’m looking at the Braille Note Touch) Why doesn’t the
pie have internal storage? Wouldn’t the card be worn out from running Linux
all the time?