The new year brings changes, and this year we've been working
on a massive set of updates to the cleric class.  The biggest
changes include:

- Add new 'vigor', 'fortitude' and 'expiation' spells to the
'divine aid' spellgroup.

- Add new 'divine conjuration' spellgroup, with new spells
'radiant orb', 'miraculous vestment' and 'mystic projectile'.

- Add a 'consecrate armor' skill, which serves as a high quality
enchant usable at low and high levels.

- Add new 'condemnation', 'fatigue', 'exhaustion', 'clasp of
corruption', and 'death and decay' spells to the 'divine might'
spellgroup.

- Add new 'divine agent' skill group, with new skills 'petition
incarnate', 'petition aspect', and 'celestial audience'.

- Add new 'remorse' alignment-based cleric curse.

- Add new 'brew unguent' skill, and new unguent-only spells
'devil ill', 'angel ravage', and 'undead scourge'.

There's also a few non-cleric updates:

- Custom newbie areas for mage, thief, and druid classes, with
warrior coming soon.

- A new 'stone knapping' skill for making stone tools.

- A new druid skill, 'leech life'.

- Two new necromancer spells, 'bone tool' and 'bloodbond'.

On top of this, Alter Aeon's 22nd anniversary is coming up in
two weeks!  We plan to have a handful of events, and will be
booting up a copy of the 1995 version of Alter Aeon for people
to explore and remember the 'good old days'.

Lastly, I'd like to personally thank everyone from this mailing list
that's played and helped us make Alter Aeon awesome over the
years.  The community makes the game, and this group is an
outstanding community.

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com