If you get the bash shell installed and then install the game from a linux distro and run the game under the bash shell, it may work.

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017, Ron Kolesar wrote:

Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 09:28:46
From: Ron Kolesar <kolesar16...@roadrunner.com>
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The old text game known as adventure or colossal cave

it's a shame we can not get this old classic to work with windows 10 anniversary?
I'm hoping that we can.
Ron

-----Original Message----- From: ma...@kidfriendlysoftware.com
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2017 05:49 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list

I found a copy of this game out on the internet, and I can get it running as an audio game with dictation on the iphone and ipad with a week or two of work. Here's a wiki about the game. Many of you have probably played it - it's the grandfather of adventure games.

Let me know if you think that's a good idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Cave_Adventure

--Marty