just received the below.

Simon

----- Original Message -----
From: 'Edward Green' edw...@edwardgreen.plus.com [vi-genaccess]
To: vi-genacc...@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 9:17 PM
Subject: [vi-genaccess] Accessible cricket game for the PC

Hi all,

Apologies for the cross-posting.

I've no idea if this will be of interest to anyone on the list, but what I
believe is the world's first accessible audio cricket game has been developed
for the blind.

It runs under Windows, and is a simple simulation of a Twenty20 match.

The game is self-voicing with realistic sound effects, and it comes pre-loaded
with several international teams.  You can adjust the playing strengths of the
teams, as well as add new ones.

I've beta tested it, and despite its simplicity, it's a pretty good game with a
lot of replay value.  You can either play against the computer or against a
human player, though you can't at this stage play against people online.

I hope the developer will add features to the game in future iterations to make
it an even richer experience, but even if he doesn't, the game can hopefully
serve as a proof of concept for others to get into the development of
accessible sport games.

You can download the game from

http://www.spoonbillsoftware.com.au/bgtwenty20cricket

I should say that Internet Explorer gets in a bit of a tizzy when you try and
download the file, because it isn't commonly downloaded and it's worried that
the file isn't safe.  When this message pops up, press alt n to get to the
notification bar, press tab until you find the "actions" button, press space
and tab until you find the button that lets you run the program.

The game has also featured on the most recent episode of RNIB's TechTalk
podcast.

Cheers,

Ed

Posted by: "Edward Green" <edw...@edwardgreen.plus.com>

Topic  . Messages in this topic (1)

 With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on
the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes
(Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with
1000GB of free cloud storage.