Sidenote - I've compiled executables with lcc that clock in at well under 30kb,
so I'd love to see stats for powerbasic.
I don't know a line of basic myself though :(.

From: "Travis Siegel" <tsie...@nfbcal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 21:35
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Kitchensinc games.

I don't think those games were written in powerbasic.  If they were, there
would be no need for all those dlls that come with most of the games.  I'm
fairly certain it was visual basic, not powerbasic.  Powerbasic produces
executables that are extremely small, and have no external dll
requirements, and run on all versions of windows from 95 up to 10.  Jim's
games definitely require external dlls, and sometimes, even need extra
libs installed.  I'm pretty sure it was visual basic used for their
development, not powerbasic, but since I don't play those games, I could
be wrong, but regardless, powerbasic has a free classic version of it's
compiler available at it's web site, anyone can download the version 9 gui
compiler, and version 5 commandline compiler for free, and I strongly urge
anyone looking to write windows programs to do so, since there's no other
compiler in the industry that produces tighter executables.