Hi there,

I am a former BrailleNote user, so like you I am eager to return to playing
text adventures!  I've done some poking around in the software, and the key
is to press dot 8 chord (on a BX; I don't know what the equivalent on the QX
is to enter the advanced settings screen) then press G-chord to turn on all
graphics.  At this point, press the spacebar to get out of settings and then
you can access the menu bar.  The top levels of the menu bar are not named;
they are unlabeled graphics.  But inside those menus are functions like
"open story", "font"..., which are labeled.  Select the open and browse to
the game you want using normal procedures.  Before pressing enter, change
your screen echo to All.  Now, here's the deal.  Blind mode does, arguably,
work better than the normal mode, although still, I can't figure out how to
access all the text.  You'll notice that often you hear only part of the
text, or some text is missing.

I've also tried my hand at ZipCE (Google that word for the download).  Once
installed, launch the executable and go into font from the menu bar and set
it to a really low value like 2.  This will enable you to get the maximum
amount of text on the screen.  Then go into your menu bar and open, browse
to the game you want and again set screen echo to all.  In this program,
I've actually been having better luck accessing the text, though you'll
still find situations where not all the text is heard.  Let me know how it
goes, and please reply if you find something else out.

Grant

1:23 PM