Hi Shaun,
Light scribe is a feature of very recent dvd and cd burner designs which
allows you to flip the disk over and directly burn an image on to the
disks surface using your burners laser rather than using the more
traditional paper and ink labels. As a result the disks will have a more
professional look and feel since rather than paper the image is burned
on the disk just like manufactured music cds, dvds, etc.
It isn't something likely that we in the blind community would notice
but once I come up with digital labels and stuff for the USA Games
products my disks I ship out for Raceway, Montezuma's Revenge, would
look allot more professional and slicker than if I stuck an ink label on
it and dropped it in the mail.
Besides the main reason I got the new burner was rather than being able
to burn single layered dvds I can use the newer double density dvds
which gives me 9 GB of storage space per disk and not 4.