Hi Jim,
I am not a fan of Del computers, prefering home built machines to
factory built ones, but the system specs of your computers are still
pretty good. I'm certain your systems fall in the minimum specs for
Vista, and are pretty equal to what I have on my desktop.
The Vista machines I have seen just being put out on the shelves at Best
Buy, Comp USA, Wal-Mart, etc are speed demons. The ones I have seen have
1 GB of ram, pretty high grade video chipsets, and 3 GHZ of processor
speed and better.Not to mention dvd player/burners built into them.
I'd love to get my hands one one of those boxes, but don't have the
money. The only reason I am getting Vista at all is I got a really good
deal on the software. I paid $122 for the full version rather than the
$250 retail price for it. Since I home build my computers I qualify for
OEM versions of the software which are legal copies of Vista, but are
only for equipment manufacturers and home builders.