Hi Matthew,
To  my knolege. A user can have admin rights, but the system will still
prompt you to confirm an action that will change system wide settings,
installing programs, or running uncirtified programs for the first time.
Windows Vista is a much more secure operating environment than XP etc...
The changes were put in place to crack down on viruses, spyware, and
other applications none of us want, and while it is a bit to get use to
I do feel the changes are in the end benificial to the average end user.