NB: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice

----
HI all
I've moved to a new boarding place so it will take a while for my
telephone line to be transferred so I have  to use my work computer to
send posts for a while .  I find it more often that sighted people
sometimes doesn't understand blind people properly. The need to be
educated how to  understand  and handle blind people.
Something which really bothers me is that my mom thinks I'm wilfully
breaking my keyboard. Sometimes when she visits me and I'm playing pipe2
and I'm hitting my control keys very fast to shoot the thugs, she will
say:
Be more carefull with  your keyboard, son. Don't smack it.
The more I try to explain to her that it's the way  I play the game, the
more she tells me:
Its not necessary to smack the keyboard.
Did you also experience it  that  sighted people think you are smacking
the keys?What is the correct way of explaining this? I'm sure sighted
people that plays games on a play station will also hit the joystick
buttons hard  if the enemies  appears speedily.
Sighted people need to   understand that we are  using our computers as
play stations, to play games. If  I'm in the middle of a battle
especially with dark  destroyer, I'm immersed into the game world. AT
that stage I'm not thinking of it as keys on a keyboard  that I'm
hitting very hard, I'm    imagining it as a gun I fire forcefully to
kill the enemies more efficient.
When   I type a document for example then its wise not to hit the keys
too hard, but in a game its something different.
How can I  explain this to sighted people that think I'm trying to break
my keyboard?