Hi Nicol,
I think your missing the point. The point is Sarah doesn't know what
creature it is she saw. Bogarts tend to take the shape of something you
fear and it is hard to detect unless you invoke the rediculous spell on it.
If Sarah does not see that it is a Bogart why should you? Remember
pressing d is seeing what Sarah sees with her eyes. She is describing
what she sees to you not necessarily what the item truly is.