If you've never been to the square this is correct, but if you've
been, even if it says "fog of war" you can choose the exploit
command, move by arrow to the correct square and select the target
with tab.  You only have to separately go to a square once for each
square, and either a peasant or a military unit will do it.

         Christopher Bartlett