From: "Thomas Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 6:48 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Possible changes in Monty beta 2.

Hi everyone,
I'm considering making a few drastic changes in Montezuma's Revenge Beta
2, but before I go ahead with it I would like to let you folks on the
list give me your own feedback and opinions on this.
Since introducing a Sapi 5 driver to the game a number of end users have
emailed me on and off lists with problems using the game with Sapi
issues. As I am beginning to find out Sapi works for most of the game's
users, but for those unfortunate enough to have broken Sapi 5 installs
it becomes a support nightmare to solve. Sapi can be broken in so many
ways it is an unstable technology to hitch my waggen to.
My thought if this issue is serious enough for most gamers I could
revert back to the way it was earlier shipping the game with it's own
built in speech using recorded samples of Scansoft Karen, Daniel,
Neospeech Kate, whatever.
Are most of you satisfied with the current Sapi 5 support, or would you
prefer the game go back to using prerecorded speech?
Thanks.