Hi Ari,
A hairpin turn or bend in the track is a turn with a very sharp inner
angle which forces the driver of the car to make a near 180 degree turn
to continue on the track. The hairpin turn got it's name because it
resembles a laidies hairpin. It is very long, narrow, and the turns
force the driver to turn nearly 180 degrees to get onto the other side
of the track. I guess that is the best I can describe it. For
clarification ask your mother, sister, or another laidy to show you a
womans hairpin to feel and you will get an idea of how those tracks look
or are shaped anyway.

Cheers.