Hi Orin,
First, is this our football or American football? How accessible is it, are
you just starting out? Maybe, if you're still trying to work stuff out, I
should join your team, the whole blind thing? This is one point I wish
accessible game developers in other countries would really take seriously,
but I do not mean just one or two people, I mean the whole blind community.
I can understand why football is not so great for our American brothers,
but, large European blind organisations like RNIB, ONCE and others should
really work together and make a cool football game, one that would have real
players, clubs, World Cup, Champion's League, great AI, easily updated
everytime for new players, online playability, commentary, etc. Practically,
I think that would benefit the whole blind world, in that football is an
international game. There is super Football, but I really don't count that
as propper football, in that it's more a sort of bord thing with fixed
positions. I don't know the exact ways in which a football game could work,
but I imagine things like you can run with the ball, defenders would be
sounds, react before you get tackled kind of thing, the nearer you are to an
oponent's goal the louder the crowd would get, I know it would be probably
quite a large project, but it would really be worth it with people
combining, especially as not much is going into developing games these days,
in the way that no new bord or any games have come out for ages from these
large organisations. Every year, the organisations could raise funds by
charging for an update with the latest players and stats. Perhaps Richard or
someone powerful in the audio games community who have contacts with these
organisations should really suggest it to them. I might be sounding totally
mad, but football is the world sport, all sporty blind people would surely
appreciate it?
Ari