Hi Soren,
What I used to do with the earlier FIFA's is that you listen to passes,
crowds, and you use soccer logic. What I mean, I'm Liverpool, I know that
Hamman plays in the centre of midfield, so when he gets the ball, I expect
him to be in that position, and so try and can iether pass to the side or
back, or forward, or, if brave, try and run. A lot of the time he is out of
position, and I end up passing the ball out!, but that's part of the sort of
fun. You have to listen to the crowd, if they are louder, you're nearer the
oponent's goal, and can try and have a shot. The commentator might say your
name louder. I don't know about the new fifa's, but with 2002 till 2004, I
don't think they could really be played, since the sound effects of the ball
were softer, the commentator didn't say the names much, and, most important,
you couldn't really hear tackles. I'm surprised that your friend can play
2006 and 2007, no judgment here, but I've heard that to shoot you have to
hold the d in and then let go when you see the arrow or angle at the right
place in the goal. Iether it's not as visual as I've heard, or, if your
friend is totally blind, I'd love to know how he gets his shots on target,
and not sailing wide, since I think they were using this on fifa 2004, and I
couldn't play it, since I could run, but everytime I shot, it went wide,
please ask him what he does, would be very interesting. Of course the bad
thing about the FIFA games is that you definitely need sighted assistance,
because you can only move through menues and go to the next matches using
the mouse. I've decided to buy Pro Evolution and Sensible soccer, will tell
you if I can play them, talking about taking risks! One hint I can give you
is, if you want, for example fifa 2007, wait till 2008 comes out, then
2007's price absolutely falls, so you sort of can take a gamble without
regreting it too much.
I do think that us blind football players should try and network to find
solutions.
Ari