By now everyone should know why I put spoiler space in front if I ask a
question, its to prevent giving out something away unintentionally although
my intention is to ask a question or report a bug.
I checked the sarah walk through, I have picked up all the books and
pressing n tells me magical items left 1.
I have also noticed that no book  takes away energy, yes the screaming book
does scream indeed, when examining the monster book, I hear an eating sound
but I checked sarah's magical energy before opening the monster book and
thereafter and it stays the same.
I have read all the books in both the  library and restricted section and
none of them took away energy from sarah.