Hi Phil,
Yeah, I know all too well what a pain it is trying to use human speech
in a game. Cara was going to voice over Montezuma's Return for me, her
voice was great for the job, but it was difficult getting the recordings
just right and I noticed the same things you did. I would get a batch of
files then ask for something else I needed and there would be slight
changes that made them not quite fit with the last batch making it sound
not exactly right when put together as a whole. I'd have loved to keep
Cara's recordings in the game, but neither of us could pull it off the
way I wanted it, and so I decided to switch to Sapi instead.