Hi all,
This is quite a weird question or thought, I just would please like some
feedback and funny stories if anyone has experience of this. I was trying to
play running in an olympics computer game with my friend, now, how you run
is you press the left and then the right arrow one after the other. What I
want to know, is even from small, he has been able to press these arrows or
at least, to use his fingers at incredible speeds compared to me. I am
really much slower at games that need quick reflexes then he is. My question
is, do you guys think that playing more would improve a person's fingerwork?
I really find it amazing that people manage to finish games like Troopanum
on absolute hard, I don't get anywhere near that, and, is it somehow a
strategy, or extremely good reflex and listening? I also find it fascinating
at how much the mind plays a part when you want to play. Sometimes, a person
wants to play something fast-action, but, if you're not up to it mentally on
that day, if you feel relaxed, even if you want to play well you just can't
get yourself into the frame of mind to get the best hand-ear coordination
possible, and, is it just me, but when you are with friends and want to show
them how to do something in a game, nearly all the time that you're on your
own, you can do it, but when your friends are there, at the back of your
mind you know that you just have to get it right, you know that they're
listening, hoping you'll show them how to do something, it's at moments like
that that you just can't do it, like, I remember on my Nintendo, on the
athletics, if you jump over the high jump bar three times in a row, you get
a lovely little alien guy coming down in a jetpack, with cool sound effects,
and giving you ten thousand points, but it was almost impossible to do it
when you wanted to show your friends!
Ari