Ah, I wasn't aware of either the bug or the decision to rework things.

I stil hope though somethingg is salvageable from the design you've done.

On the other hand, as you've said yourself, you are now free to play with
the game, ---- add a lot! more levels, scenarios and enemies, traps etc.

One request I would make for the changes if possible, is varying the
background ambience betwene levels, ---- or every few levels if there are
many, thus giving the player a greater sense of achievement.

Perhaps you could include several locations as toom rader did, ---- south
america, Egypt, Africa, china and maybe even atlantis, ---- perhaps with a
different ambience for each.

Another idea might be to use different types of enemies in different
environments to fullfil the same functions, ---- so South america has sword
wielding skeletons as it's generic walk along grunts, egypt has mummies etc.

You could also considder including a more extensive storyline to keep things
moving as well.

Beware the Grue!