Hi Cara,
Yeah, there have been all kinds of unexpected discoveries in
Mesoamerican regions that defy scientific explanation. At least
explanations that everyone can except. Some of them  are still
considered by the scientific community as belonging to the occult crowd.
For example, the crystal skulls are an amazing piece of art. While there
creation, origin, and dating is debatable whoever made them were master
artists. If they are truly ancient as some people speculate then we
would have to explore the idea ancient people knew more than we want to
admit.
One piece of ancient art, the Nazca lines in Peru, are spectacular
examples of ancient technology. The question of how they are created is
not that hard to discover, but the question of why they were created
remains a great mystery. Why would they make something that could only
be seen from the sky, and not visible on the ground.
Perhaps the most interesting discovery in Mesoamerica is the discovery
of a Mayan hieroglyph of an astronaut flying some sort of  aircraft or
spacecraft. Scientists as usual try and put some spin on it that it has
some down to earth explanation, but it does kind of make you wonder how
the Mayans thought of something like that, and why they decided to put
it on someone's tomb.
Another interesting discovery found in the past 50 years or so were
these stones with all kinds of ancient medical sergeries on them. The
Science community still hasn't accepted them as authentic, but
considering the information released to the general public about them I
kind of think they are authentic.