Hi,
Maybe some of you are familiar with the game Boulderdash. It's a strategy game
from the 80s in which your objective is to collect diamons while digging your
way through earth and avoiding falling boulders. You had to think strategically
so as not to corner yourself.

Well, there is a text-mode game called Wadnerer that's got similar gameplay.
The main difference is that this game is turn-based with a limited ammount of
moves for each level, rather than being timed.

All the diamonds, boulders, arrows, ramps etc ar represented by symbols on the
screen. The player is an @-sign.

In the version I'm running in Linux there are 61 levels included. There's also
a built-in level editor.

I can run the game with braille without any problem. There are two screen
modes, and the mod eyou want is fullscreen mode. I don't know how playable this
game might be with speech tough.

The game's homepage can be found at
www.steveshipway.org/software/wanderer/f_wanderer.html

I imagine that one or both of the DOS versions might work in Windows. It might
be worth a try. I find this game highly addictive and quite fun.

Regards,
Tobias