Well the last I heard was that certain cell phones could run any
and all versions of Quake 1 as well as any game mods, however, as the
AQ launcher is written in Perl, I'm not sure that that particular mod
would be supported.  NOw, a simple rewrite of the launcher in Java
would really not be that big a deal as far as the current code is
concerned, as it's really not that complex, however the Java
implementations on particular phones might be another matter.

   Anyway, it's just a bit of speculation right now, but I certainly
don't think it's impossible.

Smiles,

Cara  :)