Hi list,
We have some bad news.
Due to some information I received concerning X-Sight Interactive during a
meeting with a college financial and business advisor, X-Sight may need to
close, at least temporarily, until we can create more software that can be sold
to make enough money to keep it running.
Currently, I am spending more money than I am earning, and certainly I am
earning a lot less than my current disability benefits offer me.
The laws of my country state that if I am getting an income, I am no longer
entitled to my benefits and I will indeed have to start paying taxes.
Additionally, if I am self-employed, which is basically what I am, I would have
to register as an official business which would cost more money to open up
additional accounts and make it legal.
As I am currently receiving more in benefits than I am in sales, if the sales
amount continues to be less than half of a month's benefits, I may be forced to
close X-Sight, as I am the manager and the rest of my team seem to count on me
to provide all resources.
Already recently I have basically spent over five month's benefits on X-Sight.
As you can see, if this continues, I am going to end up in a lot of debt and,
indeed, no money to survive personally.
I am still open to suggestions for the time being, even if the majority's
decision means just me developing freeware with minimum purchases on my part,
then that's what I'll do, but that also means less advanced features in my
software.
Thanks.
Regards,
Damien