I'd pay 10 bucks for a plugin if it is good enough, sure.

On 2/26/08, Liam Erven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm not sure how many people are in to the simutronics text based games
> found at www.play.net, but I thought I'd post this in case there are
> interested people.
>
> Play.net offers several very well-written muds that can be played.  The
> issue is that you can either use their client which is totally inaccessible,
> or you can use Zmud which by itself is fairly accessible, but will not read
> anything automatically.  The solution of course is to set your screen reader
> of choice to read the entire screen in hopes that it would read the newest
> text to appear.  This system isn't very relyable and can cause headakes when
> your screen reader likes to read random words and letters.  What can be
> done?  How about a full-featured plugin for zmud that will interface
> directly with popular screen readers.  That is my plan, and I'm making it a
> reality.  I wanted to post to the list to see what interest there would be
> in this kind of project.  The one thing to note however, it won't be a free
> product, but I will not charge ridiculous amounts of money for it.  I'm
> thinking in the realm of 8 to 10 dollars.  to produce plugins for z mud, a
> developer has to purchase a license to do so.  As well as purchasing a copy
> of zmud itself.  Let's just say it's not exactly cheap.  If people are
> against paying, I will just make a simple plug in that does the bare
> minimum, but I wanted to add things like sound support, line gags, and
> stuff.  And all that will take a fair amount of time.
>
> Let me know your thoughts.  I'm interested in getting opinions on the
> concept.
>
> Liam
>
>
> ---
> Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
> please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

---
Gamers mailing list __ [email protected]
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to