Hi.
Well I had off today because the transformer for some power thing for
the school broke! I spent 3 hours of my day, figuring out why the
sound wouldn't play in my vb project. I tried literally everything.
Closing AIM, ending processes, still run time errors. I thought, maybe
vb doesn't like the name? So I changed it from step to step1. Still
same thing. I decided to change it to sound. Sure enough it worked. I
guess vb doesn't like the directsoundsecondarybuffer8 variable to be
step or step1! Which is why, I will be naming them sound1, sound2,
etc, to prevent this kind of issue from happening again. On behalf of
SDM's side scroller, it is not going as bad as expected. I was looking
for a sound for walking, but will find or make one, royalty free, for
the actual release. I had to borrow a sound from a game, and will not
use it in the release or distribute it to the beta testers of course.
We also uploaded our one month old part 2 of vb, which I finally
uploaded. I will also, hopefully, be starting a new "mini book" on the
more GUI aspects, and software aspect, such as printing, etc. So,
don't name your variables step or step1, or this could just be an
issue on my computers! (Tried on both of 'em)

-Ryan