Hi Will,
First, I don't want to take USA Games down or close the company, because
I truly enjoy writing games most of the time. There are still plenty of
gamers out there who appreciate my games even if others do not. Throwing
in the towel isn't a solution. That is the James North way of dealing
with the situation.
Second, as to why I am willing to agree to the demands of Michael,
Charles, etc it is a matter of honor and integrety. When it comes to
honor and integrety I am like a Klingon. Challenge my honor and
integrety then it is reason to do battle to the death. Even to the point
of producing a game to clear my name from the stain of the dishonor of
being sattled with someone elses unwanted troubles.
Remember I took these games on because it was the honorable and right
thing to do. I was willing to spend my time and energy to save two games
people would have lost money on.
As for me wanting to go 3D I honestly, truly, felt it was the right and
proper thing to do. You see I wanted to take that old classic Arcade
style game, revamp it, and give it a totally modern look and feel to it.
I had not expected a civil war over it, and it only proves the blind
gamers on this list are not ready to move into the modern era of gaming.
As a game croud we are totally stuck in the 80's with side-scrollers and
space invader clones, always looking back at retro games, and not moving
forward to the future. Though, being old isn't my primary complaint here.
My primary issue is that I spent two years on a game that I am now
forbidden to release do to a copyright holder who isn't even producing
the game any more.