Dear List,

I'd like to know if any of you would be interested in this.  I
found a free table-top RPG online called Abeo, which looks quite
amazingly good.  I am thinking of starting a group to play in
this RP, possibly using Audio Tips or Skype if its convenient.
This games is quite complex and it will take a lot of commitment.
Let me give you an excerpt from the introduction.  E-mail me
onlist or off, doesn't matter, if you're interested.  Hopefully
we can make something cool out of this.

  Introduction

The World of Fear and Wonder

The lever, the winch and the wheel are not the beginning and the
end of the mechanisms of creation; they are only the simplest
solution.

Society, industry and interaction are poorly suited to deal with
a world where cause and effect are not laws, but suggestions.  In
Abeo, this stranger, more fluid world is the truer one.  There
are no rules when the dreams we have with our eyes closed are
just as real as the ones we share with them open.  We are
encouraged to forget the fey lands of our most private hopes and
fears, paying attention instead to the monsters that lurk in
alleyways, crackhouses, congress and corporate boardrooms.  There
are rules for dealing with these horrors, and though we groan
under their weight, we can bear their finite power.

Unfortunately, there are monsters other than the mundane ones,
and it doesn't take much to see them.  Today, a woman was found
gruesomely murdered in a room locked from the inside.  Last week
a man burst into flame in an enclosed office.  There is no
conspiracy to hide these facts from the average man on the
street; he does enough of the job himself.

Human torches and phantom murders just don't fit into the
supremely defined cosmos of his belief.  Belief in the absence of
proof is faith.  Belief in direct contradiction to proof is
dangerous.

In Abeo, you play one of those remarkable people who have taken a
mad step, removing themselves from the danger of ignorance and
placing themselves squarely in danger of knowing entirely too
much.  Reason defines the Phenomenal world, but emotion taps into
the Noumenal world and breaks it.  Love does indeed conquer all,
but so does hate.  And fear.  Fervor does more than motivate, it
directly affects the world, removing the veils of apathy and
illusion; fueling the ghost in the machine of causality .  The
vehement see that the world operates by the rules of irony,
poetry, and passion as much, if not more than it does by those of
gravity, electromagnetism, and the nuclear forces.

It is only through a lateral shift in perception that characters
are able to do what they had previously thought impossible.  One
must become insane to become free; to walk on water, you have to
jump out of your boat.  Characters in Abeo find themselves
shuttling between a banal but safe world defined by its
objectivity and predictability, and a beautiful but deadly one
bound only by Passion.  Faced with both Phenomenal and Noumenal
challenges continuously, these individuals often find themselves
sliding into a particular kind of adaptive madness--a madness
that simultaneously grants the character the power he needs to
survive and drives him farther away from the relationships and
identity that he spent his life forming.  These characters are
called Liminal in Abeo, and an endless number of other names
within the world the game defines.  Those few who know enough to
call them anything may understand them to be sorcerers, angels,
monsters, demons or simply family members slipping away, bit by
impossible bit.

Kelby

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! --
http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---