Hi all
I found a way to enjoy  light cars. I still have the old version of light cars
where you can specify the amount of lives in the savegame.dat file. Rob said
this cheet have been removed in the newer version. Personally its impossible
for me to really enjoy light cars without this cheet. To have 5 lives and
quickly loose all of them by crashing the whole time Is not fun.
So now I have  specified 9 thousand lives.  At first I tried 9 billion lives
but the game didn't want to load my game so I tried 9 million but still it
didn't want to load so I tried 9 thousand and it worked.
When I play  light cars like this, it gives me the feeling I'm having a bumper
car ride at a fun fair.
But I'm still disappointed. I only get hazards and item cars as far as level
20. from then onwards no item cars and hazards appears which makes the game
pretty borring.
All right, I can stay for extremely long in the game if I have 9 thousand lives
but to crash all the time and avoid cars without any item cars or hazards gets
pretty borring.
And there is also a bug with the bonus round. When I shoot a bird when its in
the dead centre, I  miss it. I  manage to shoot when it's a bit off to the
right and the manual said the bird must be in the dead centre for you to shoot
it.
I can't understand why the gaming community needs games without an end; with
unlimited levels.  For me a game with an end is nice. If I know I can beat a
game it gives me satisfaction. These games such as light cars which have no
ending, it feels like a  supernatural thing I can't beat.
Its like the game has a supernatural power in it.  But if there is anyone like
me who don't enjoy light cars with only 5 lives, feel free to ask me for the
previous version.
I'll gladly give it as well as explain how to specify the number of lives.
Once I'm an expert at avoiding cars I'll move on to the newer version where the
cheet won't work. But a cloud with  a silver lining though. The cars will
change speed twice and from then onwards it stays the same. With this cheet on,
I noticed that the fastest a car will come at you is one second per car.
I think my score is above 119000  at this stage. Too bad I can't post my score.
Or to tell the truth I haven't tried to post my score but I doubt if I can post
my score with the old version.
Obviously rob will prevent people from posting scores with the old version if
they used the lives cheet.